there is water underground.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Kancho is Real.

I've been reading the online journal of Azrael, a current teacher on the JET program, and I need to spread the word and encourage people around the world to procrastinate. Each entry I read makes me laugh harder, both out of enjoyment and empathy - I did the program a few years back and many of his experiences ring true. Read his journal here, I guarantee that he's not making this shit up. I'd write about my current job and I could probably write stuff almost as funny as Az's stories, but most of the people with whom I work speak English (and I'd probably be breaking privacy laws) and it just wouldn't be fair. I did keep a sort of half-assed journal when I was living there, but the files mostly got corrupted and I have absolutely no intention of re-writing anything. The memories are enough, and laziness shall conquer all.
On another note, the green mountains of Vermont are incredibly beautiful on a sunny spring day, snowcapped and fuzzy. And the tour of the Ben & Jerry's factory (i love that they are the self-proclaimed "two fattest guys in gym class") was fantastic - be on the lookout for flavors like VerMonty Python and Neapolitan Dynamite. They might already be out - i don't buy ice cream by the pint, so i'm not really in the know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home