there is water underground.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bones

Okay, so I'm watching Letterman... it's apparently a repeat from a few weeks ago when V For Vendetta came out. He had a guy who was setting up a big domino display, and would check in with him every few minutes to see how the display was coming along. It was something like six thousand dominoes. Anyway, Dave is about to read the Top Ten List, and suddenly the guy starts shouting & swearing - the dominoes started toppling over before the display was finished. I don't know if it was intentional or not (hence the reason for this post), but if it was intentional, it was one of the funniest and most well-timed (and most well-acted; the guy threw himself into the domino display and started flailing around while cursing... it was awesome) comedic moments I've seen in a long time. If it was unintentional, and if the dominoes actually toppled by accident and the guy was actually swearing because he ruined his big moment on TV, then it's even funnier. Hey, Mel Brooks said that "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die." But I still don't know if it was intentional or not! (it looks like he's setting 'em up again - leading me to believe that he unintentionally screwed up and now he's trying to do it over... but there's no way he'll be able to get 6000 bones set up while angry) ...(sigh) how do we know what's real anymore? Am I really that skeptical that I'm even considering that it was all set up? Balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home