there is water underground.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Damn, I'm Old - Redux

My aunt just sent me a photo via email, and the tone of the message conveyed that she was excited. Opening the message, I saw my cousin Sam standing next to some dude. The last time such photo-sharing occurred, the "dude" was John McCain. This dude was younger (not saying much, I know), probably in his twenties, kinda scruffy and dressed in hipster clothing. I figured that he was someone famous, but I couldn't tell who he was. I asked two colleagues here to look at the photo and if they knew who he was. Both colleagues - intelligent women in their late 20s or early 30s - didn't know either. Sheepishly (yet emboldened by my colleagues' consensus), I asked my aunt who the dude was.

Turns out it was David Cook, recent American Idol champion and heartbreaker extrordinaire. Just goes to show you how far removed from that scene I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home