there is water underground.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

In Praise of GPS

Got a ride home from the airport the other night in a car with a sweet GPS system. The driver was telling me about its features - i'm thinking of getting one considering that i put 23,000 miles on my car in the year since i've had it - and he concluded his praise of the GPS system with "it's the balls."

Now, it may have been my lack of sleep, it may have been the four-hour flight delay, or it may have been that a sixty-year-old man used the phrase "it's the balls" to describe his GPS, but I found it really fucking funny. I explained to him that the phrase isn't one that I hear too often - so he continued to use it throughout the ride home. ("see that restaurant over there? it's the balls.") Big, forceful emphasis on the word balls - hence the italics. I tell ya, it was probably the most entertaining cab ride ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Even better would be if you could point at your nutsac and go, "see my balls? they're the balls."

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home