there is water underground.

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Little Things

- I saw a Budweiser truck being followed by a Bud Light truck, and my first thought was shouldn't the Bud Light truck be smaller? ...And in front? ...you know, 'cause it's lighter?

- There was a woman in Brooklyn who went to the bathroom in her apartment in the middle of the night and found a seven-foot snake curled up in her toilet. She found the snake after she had peed.

- There need to be more laser shows with cool bands providing the music. Rock out to Laser Gomez! Laser Bosstones! Or how about Laser Weezer?! (shit, I can't even say that without laughing)

- Both times that I have seen Rodrigo y Gabriela, there has been a lesbian couple directly in front of me making out the entire show.

- There's a dude who "runs" the second-largest chapter of the KKK who, according to USA Today (the preferred newspaper of business hotels), "hates with a passion." There's also a photo, and he appears to be the perfect example of why some species eat their young.

- "Only The Good Die Young" is a very strange song to hear at a Catholic wedding.

- At the moment I passed "Rock Street" in Saratoga Springs, "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen came on the radio and I thought it was very appropriate.

- There's something satisfying about being able to read the lips of the person in the car behind you as she sings Biz Markie (Oh baby yooooou, you got what I neeeeed). Obviously we were at a stoplight.

- I had two dreams last night. One was a dream where the Red Sox won the ALCS. One was a dream where they lost the ALCS. Given that I fell asleep during the seventh inning last night, when I awoke I was really confused about which team had prevailed.

- I noticed a sign that was misspelled on the way to work last week, and I called the number to let the company know (Lynne Truss would be proud). This morning, I noticed that it had been corrected! ...I'm such a nerd.

- I think Singapore Airlines is encouraging people to join the mile-high club. Their brand-new plane (the fully double-decker Airbus A380) has first-class suites in which the seat actually becomes a bed and you can close yourself off for privacy. If you're in the center of the plane, you can slide the partition back and the two neighboring suites can become one large suite... and one large bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home