there is water underground.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Transform and roll out!

So I’ve been completely geeking recently. Saw a preview for the Transformers movie that’s coming out next July… it looks awesome. The best part, however, was at the end of the preview:

Movie screen shows the title Transformers

Audience: “YEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!”

Movie screen shows a Michael Bay film

Audience: “….boooo!”

Yes, I know he’s the creative genius behind such travesties as Pearl Harbor and Armageddon. But give the guy some credit – he directed The Rock, which is one of the better action films I’ve seen (Ed Harris? Sean Connery? ….and Nicolas Cage, whom I can’t stand but for some reason rules in this movie? Awesome casting and a great score… and some good quotes (“Losers always whine about ‘doing their best.’ Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.”)) and Bad Boys, another good buddy-cop movie.

So throw in some CGI robots, get the real military to do the stunts, get Shia LeBeouf to play Spike, get Jon Voight and John Turturro, and hire the guy who originally voiced Optimus Prime to reprise his role, and I’d say Mr. Bay is off to a good start (my only concern – Bernie Mac?!?!?). Now if he can only get Sam Jackson to voice Jazz and Alan Rickman to voice Megatron (bad guys have to have British accents, right?) we’ve got a sure-fire winner. I hope it gets a big fat ‘R’ rating and the robots swear like sailors (“get these motherfucking decepticons off my motherfucking planet!”) The last movie that I attended the first screening of was The Matrix, and you can bet that I’ll be at the very first screening of this one.

I also have to give props to a recently discovered website which further indulges my geekdom: Retrojunk.com is a mecca for any child of the 80s and anyone who thinks that Thundercats and NES are better than any of the crap out there today. Make sure you've got plenty of procrastinating time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home