there is water underground.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Things that make you go hmm...

I woke up this morning (I know, begin blues riff right here) and found a very peculiar sight when I opened my front door.




Yes, it’s a large box of unopened beef jerky packages. (Admittedly, my first thought was “is it still good?”) I don’t buy beef jerky – and if I did, I doubt I’d buy it by the crate – but I like it. Unfortunately, the jerky expired about a month ago, so into the trash it went. I am trying to figure out who placed it on my front steps – I live on the first floor of a 3-apartment house, and the people occupying the other two floors are all away this week. Also, there’s a high fence between the house next door and mine, so someone would have to come out to the street, around the front of the fence, and back to my steps. This seems like a weird thing to do when garbage pickup occurs right on the street. But hey, maybe alcohol was involved in some prank that went awry and I’m the wrong recipient of a case of jerky. In any case, all I could think of was the movie Trading Places (can’t believe that movie was made 23 years ago… damn, I’m old).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home